Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Study Elements


I know this is hard to see, but it's the library from the Disney movie "Beauty and the Beast." I've always had a crush on it.

















Once again, I found these pictures from a lot of different sources. I highly doubt anyone will stumble onto this blog and get angry about it, but if by some chance they do, I will be happy to give credit.

Study/Home Library: A very masculine, traditional feel. As much as I like contemporary furniture and modern designs, I think a library should be rich and cozy. At least two stories, half a dozen wooden ladders; a spiral staircase is a must. Shelves full of old encyclopedias, books I've never heard of, books I'll never have time to finish in a lifetime. An antique desk, maybe a banker's lamp. Very tall windows with red velvet curtains. Compasses, sundials, telescopes, nautical charting instruments, a wealth of stationary. Knowledge and history go hand in hand, and I want this space to feel as though you've stepped back in time. I want to sit down and feel enveloped by a decadent charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment