Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ikea Room Planner

Being a desert dweller, it's hard to take advantage of the affordable luxuries offered by Ikea. For those of you that have an Ikea near you, I'm sure it's no big deal; for me, the nearest Ikea is six hours away, so when I finally make it out there, I must have a plan.

Last week I discovered the Ikea room planner. Even if you're not on Ikea fan, the program is a pretty nifty time passer. It installs onto your computer, then allows you to enter room dimensions, doors, windows, etc...You can then furnish the room with current catalog products, and create a 3D model to see how it looks. After that, you can save it to Ikea's server, pull it up at the store, and voila! You've got your shopping list! My only issue is that they don't offer living room furniture yet, only kitchen, office, and bedroom products. Still, it's been a big help in putting together the spare bedrooms. Here's an example:



Check out the program here!

No comments:

Post a Comment